Wednesday, October 3

Day 8 - Short and Sweet

Today started with me rising a little earlier than normal. I took a shower to wash my body and then tried something new by washing my hair in the sink. For those of you who know me, you know my hair is thick and long. The shower has very little pressure and so trying to wash it, along with it being cold, was just not working. The sink was better but certainly strained my back a bit. Oh well. A small sacrifice to pay for clean hair.  

I changed things up with my hair today as well by doing it curly. Oh did the girls love that! They all wanted to touch it and put it on their heads and then the attempts to do it came. Ouch! My head is not used to that. They were so precious and just having fun but eventually I had to ask them to stop. My hair went up into a bun anyway. Too humid! 

Our morning was more of the same. Some time alone with B, then time with all the kids, then time along with B again. I enjoyed reading to a group of kids a book in Creole today. They repeated everything I read aloud. I think it is how they do most of their schooling. I love reading books to children though, so that was precious time for me. 

After that I mostly just watched the kids play. B was sitting on Jason's lap or hanging in his arms while he walked around. I love that man more and more each day. I'm in awe of how God has worked in his heart to get us to this point. Over 5 years ago I asked Jason about adoption and he just wasn't sure. I respected that and moved on. Of course God knew it was only a matter of time. Watching Jason with the kids brings such joy and warmth to my heart, but watching him be a Dad to another child....well that just brings tears to my eyes. You see, when you decide to adopt one of the main concerns is will I love another child as much as my bio children. You honestly have to rely on faith, trusting in the greater plan and allowing God to do the work by preparing your heart for it all. God has done that work and I am just seeing the beginning fruits of that. I have no doubt that Jason, myself and our kids will love B like we love one another already. 

We were picked up from the creche a little earlier than normal today for lunch and to our surprise never returned. We aren't sure what happened but honestly it was probably for the best. Qade took a two hour nap which was much needed. His ears have been bothering him and I'm sure he is processing things in his own ways. Pray for his health and his heart. 

It felt weird to not return and I miss B a little as well. My mind wonders what will she think, and then I begin to consider our final day. How will that good bye go? Oh I can't. Not yet. One day at a time.  I know it will be hard, but God has brought us this far and he will continue to be faithful and carry us through. We are almost halfway through our time here. I know the rest will go by quicker than I think. So, cherishing each moment I get...with Jason, with Qade, with B and with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are blessed by your feedback!